Archive for March, 2011
With two weeks left, it’s time for the F5 takeover! Oh, and it’s playtime too! As you enter the world of F5, you’ll be part of the RE:VISION experience. It’s here where we’ve curated and constructed a borderless//cutting-edge gallery space to showcase the work of emerging and world-renowned artists and designers.
- Babycastles Arcade: indie gaming to the core — stand-alone video games that take players to the wild ends of their imagination
- Minivegas presents Atlantis: an interactive installation where attendees cue their tweets (with #f5fest and others) and watch as they’re dynamically transformed on-screen throughout Roseland
- Radium Audio Takeover: intricate and immersive sound installations that cater to both the individual and collective experience
- Shantell Martin presents Hidden Oras: a live drawing project that turns members of the audience into a unique and original work of living art
- Smilebooth: a fresh take on the old-school photobooth that encourages a hot mess of fun and spontaneity
- Tronic/Goldrun/F5 present the Virtual Exhibit: a one-of-a-kind smartphone app that allows users to view and take pictures of GPS-linked 2D/3D virtual art all over F5.
Take a deep breath. We’re going to blow out the candles on another F5 at the soon-to-be-(in)famous CLOSING PARTY on Saturday, April 16th.
- Starting at 9pm, you’ll throw down at Good Units in the basement of the Hudson Hotel (356 West 58th St.). Picture NYC-1982 and you’re halfway there…
- Dalston Ponys will start the jam East-London-style — bringing feet and hearts to the dance floor
- Grabbing the baton at 10:30pm, Eclectic Method follows up their speaking session at F5 with a performance that will burn the roof off the joint
- At midnight, Flawless Media presents Verboten – dedicating the remainder of the party to Kompakt Records‘ honcho and DJ Michael Mayer
- All the while, Shantell will be performing Hidden Oras in the venue’s stylized mezzanine
Doors open at 9pm – open bar from 9:30-10:30pm. Everyone is welcome – so bring your buddies. Your official F5 registration badge gets you in and $20 at the door for your friends. And there’s still one more major announcement left….
Matthias Hoegg recently joined us to answer some questions about his short film, Thursday. It’s an everyday love story in the not so distant future, where ubiquitous e-access doesn’t necessarily guarantee a connection (and some blackbirds battling technology thrown in too).
Made as his final project at the Royal College of Art, it was recently honored with a BAFTA nomination in the Short Animation category. After a successful festival run, it’s making its full-length online debut here. Huzzah!
Our interview with Matthias after the jump.
Director and photographer, Yoann Lemoine, has had a diverse and compelling career over the past few years. From his high fashion and music photography to award winning animated work for AIDES Graffiti, he’s plowing through visual genres with consistent precision in narrative, technique and finish.
His latest Tarsem-esque masterpiece for Woodkid is not only a testament to his prowess in cinematography, art direction sensibilities, nuance in effects and overall tone; but this 27 year old is also the singer and songwriter behind the haunting musical act!