With two weeks left, it’s time for the F5 takeover! Oh, and it’s playtime too! As you enter the world of F5, you’ll be part of the RE:VISION experience. It’s here where we’ve curated and constructed a borderless//cutting-edge gallery space to showcase the work of emerging and world-renowned artists and designers.
- Babycastles Arcade: indie gaming to the core — stand-alone video games that take players to the wild ends of their imagination
- Minivegas presents Atlantis: an interactive installation where attendees cue their tweets (with #f5fest and others) and watch as they’re dynamically transformed on-screen throughout Roseland
- Radium Audio Takeover: intricate and immersive sound installations that cater to both the individual and collective experience
- Shantell Martin presents Hidden Oras: a live drawing project that turns members of the audience into a unique and original work of living art
- Smilebooth: a fresh take on the old-school photobooth that encourages a hot mess of fun and spontaneity
- Tronic/Goldrun/F5 present the Virtual Exhibit: a one-of-a-kind smartphone app that allows users to view and take pictures of GPS-linked 2D/3D virtual art all over F5.
Take a deep breath. We’re going to blow out the candles on another F5 at the soon-to-be-(in)famous CLOSING PARTY on Saturday, April 16th.
- Starting at 9pm, you’ll throw down at Good Units in the basement of the Hudson Hotel (356 West 58th St.). Picture NYC-1982 and you’re halfway there…
- Dalston Ponys will start the jam East-London-style — bringing feet and hearts to the dance floor
- Grabbing the baton at 10:30pm, Eclectic Method follows up their speaking session at F5 with a performance that will burn the roof off the joint
- At midnight, Flawless Media presents Verboten – dedicating the remainder of the party to Kompakt Records‘ honcho and DJ Michael Mayer
- All the while, Shantell will be performing Hidden Oras in the venue’s stylized mezzanine
Doors open at 9pm – open bar from 9:30-10:30pm. Everyone is welcome – so bring your buddies. Your official F5 registration badge gets you in and $20 at the door for your friends. And there’s still one more major announcement left….