Full-Time Art Director – Motion Graphics
Spark Productions (www.sparknyc.com), the video production division of McMurry/TMG, specializes in video content for the web, experiential environments, mobile devices, corporate communications and broadcast. As a nationally recognized “great place to work,” we are friendly, focused and rapidly growing. We’re dedicated to providing exceptional design, outstanding service, and an environment that fosters growth.
We are currently seeking a full-time Art Director, Motion Graphics to lead and bring out the best in a team of designers and motion graphic artists. You will be responsible for ensuring that Spark’s design standards are exceeded, for managing, designing and updating the company’s visual brand across a wide range of projects and for the visual interpretation of our clients’ projects. You must have 5-7 years of solid experience as a director and client–facing creative lead and have a proven track record of creating, designing and selling ideas that win business.
Experience designing and creating broadcast quality motion graphics for both standard and unusual screen sizes and shapes is a must. You must also be adept at juggling multiple projects, excel in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and understand the art of telling a story and conveying a message by combining motion graphics, video, and music within budgetary and time sensitive parameters.
You must be proficient in AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and have a working knowledge of Cinema 4D.
Key responsibilities include
- Generate and present design and creative thought leadership on behalf of the company.
- Possess the presence and experience to interact at the executive level, developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Create and present concepts, boards and style frames to clients.
- Lead client creative reviews and serve as the client-facing creative lead on projects.
- Direct live action, animation and effects driven content.
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions geared toward specific client solutions.
- Work closely with Creative Directors and Producers to accurately estimate and manage project budgets and schedules. Review all client proposals.
- Nurture and grow talent. Work closely with, lead, encourage and inspire a team of staff and freelance designers and animators.
- Understand and apply current design and animation trends.
Required qualifications / skills
- 5-7 years experience as a client-facing creative lead for video content projects.
- BFA or BA degree with emphasis on motion design.
- Deep understanding of fundamental visual design principles.
- Strong design and typographic sense and thorough knowledge of motion graphic design and post-production workflows.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Must be a team player, passionate about motion design and thrive in a fast paced creative environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
As a boutique affiliated with a larger organization, Spark offers competitive compensation, full benefits, 401k, and opportunities for developing interesting, high profile work. If you are a strong Art Director with proven leadership skills, and are interested in a place to grow a promising career, we’d love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please submit a brief cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, along with a digital link to your current reel to email@example.com. Applicants must also have professional references available. New York City area residents only. Snail mail, phone calls or drop-ins will not be considered. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
649 total views, 35 today