The 2017 Motion Awards are now open for entries.
We teamed up with Gunner and Antfood to create this year’s launch video (and usher in a new lavender-scented palette). We’ll have a full making-of post about the video in early 2018.
What changed this year?
We listened to community feedback, evaluated all of our processes and made a few key changes this year. Mostly notably:
- New categories, including Sound Design for Animation, Music Composition for Animation, Experimental, Game Title Sequence and Live Event Graphics. Full details on the Motion Awards Categories page.
- Reorganization of all the categories into an easier, more logical structure.
- Stricter rules for Solo Projects. See our updated Terms & Conditions for more details.
- We dropped the Best New Talent and Best New Studio categories until we can find a fairer, more reliable system for nomination and voting.
- More judges — now over 200 strong. The result is one of the most impressive, diverse and seasoned judging panels we’ve ever seen, with limited power given to any single judge.
- Early bird deadline: December 22nd, 2017
- Normal deadline: January 19th, 2018
- Late deadline: February 14th, 2018
Entry fees for each category can be found on the Categories page.
Please make sure to check out the updated FAQ. There’s a good chance your question has already been answered there.
Any proceeds from The Motion Awards will be fed back into Motionographer and its community. Since 2006, we’ve been committed to creating new content and resources for motion designers, animators and storytellers of all stripes. The Motion Awards is vital extension of that mission.
We’d like to extend special thanks to Gunner and Antfood for their hard work on the launch video. Their dedication to craft — and having fun — sets the tone for this year’s competition, and we are deeply proud to collaborate with them.