We’ve been watching School of Motion closely since it launched. From the outside looking in, their bootcamp offerings seem to be doing very well.
But we want the inside story. We want the juicy details. We want the good, the bad and the ugly.
So here’s what we’re proposing:
One full scholarship to the brand new Design Bootcamp in exchange for a journal of your experience with the course.
What you’ll do
- You’ll write a weekly journal that you’ll send to Motionographer’s editor-in-chief, Justin Cone.
- (That’s 9 journal entries, one for each week of the course.)
- Each journal entry should be 300-500 words long.
- Motionographer will edit the journal entries into a single article to be posted on Motionographer.com.
- We’ll use work samples from your coursework in the article.
How to apply for the Motionographer Scholarship
We’re only going to select one recipient for the scholarship. Expect competition to be fierce.
Here’s how to apply:
- Send a 300-500 word writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sample can be anything that represents your writing style.
- Include a link to your portfolio or work samples.
- Optional: Tell us why you deserve this scholarship!
- DEADLINE: Friday, July 1st by 11:59pm CST.
Keep in mind: School of Motion is a lot of work!
- Don’t take this lightly: The Design Bootcamp will be a ton of work. You’ll need 15-20 hours a week just for the course. (Seriously.)
- You must be able to complete the entire 9-week Design Bootcamp course, which runs from July 11 to September 9, 2016.
The Motionographer Scholarship was conceived by Motionographer and approved by the School of Motion. The selection process will be conducted by Motionographer with no oversight from School of Motion.
Here’s what we’ll be looking for — in order of importance — in our applicants:
- Strong written communication skills.
- Some experience creating motion design projects, either from industry or from advanced coursework. This is necessary to ensure that you’ll hit the ground running and have the requisite foundational knowledge to evaluate the course.
Motionographer is receiving no compensation from School of Motion for this project.