We’re pleased to announce our first set of speakers for F5 2011! Here is the first savory piece of the cake—just enough to want a bigger bite. This group speaks to the careful consideration placed on finding the artists//heroes//colleagues who fit the overall theme of Happy F5 this year.
- Kid Koala: DJ and turntablist extraordinaire
- Scott Belsky: cutting-edge business leader of Behance
- Wayne White: legendary art director of Pee Wee’s Playhouse and banjo star
- Adam Sadowsky (Syyn Labs): president of the engineering whiz-kid collective behind the massive Rube Goldberg machine in OK Go’s “This Too Shall Pass” music video
- Nathan Love: top-notch animation studio and masters of character animation
- Buck: trailblazing creative shop with pop illustration powers
We’re also ecstatic that Buck will be creating the fest’s awe-inspiring opening titles. Our lips are sealed, but expect their special sauce of whimsy, humor and highly produced playtime. Buck will share their process and creative vision for the project during their special speaker session.
So far, F5 has drawn exclusively from a wealth of visual artists, designers, animators, technologists, engineers, musicians, writers, and puppeteers who point to a singular direction in creativity: one that builds an artistic fabric with the shared thread of imagination and optimism.
This is only the beginning. More happiness in store. And smiles guaranteed.